Development of the Pushkin Museum-Reserve
Reconstruction and the restoration of museum sites and the landscape
- Conservation and development of the collections in "Trigorskoye", "Mikhailovskoye" and "Petrovskoye" Estate Museums and in the Sviatogorsky Assumption Monastery; meeting the needs of the visitors; creating necessary conditions for the collection storage and display; ensuring necessary working conditions for the museum staff;
- Reconstruction of St. George Church in Voronich ancient town and Resurrection Church in Voronich village;
- The development of a new approach, i.e "inhabited museum space" (the reconstruction of historical estate environment in Pushkin period estates that used to exist around the museum area):
- The reconstruction of Voznesenskoye Estate as a Centre for the Russian Language, Russian Estate Culture of Pushkin period, literary translation from and into the Russian language and a Museum for Estate Archaeology;
- The reconstruction of Deriglasovo Estate as a Centre for Russian Village and a Centre for Landscape Architecture and Gardening (Research and education project development in the reconstructed estate);
- The reconstruction of the lost historical and cultural objects of the landscape (chapels, water and wind mills) as parts of the historical landscape;
- Technical, ICT, economical and theoretical support of reconstruction projects.
Reconstruction and conservation of the historical landscapes, parks and gardens
- Supporting research and realization of restoration and conservation of Pushkin period parks (XVIII and XIX centuries); purchasing equipment and materials; applying both traditional and modern techniques in gardening and park conservation; developing long-term plan of the conservation of historical parks in Mikhailovskoye, Trigorskoye, Petrovskoye, Deriglazovo, Lisya Gora, Voskresenskoye, Altun, Goran, Ladino;
- The development of the Programme for using the outcomes of foresting and gardening for the needs of PG Museum; investing into biospheric technology. The waste disposal issue. Preserving parks and forests from vandals;
- Training courses for park and landscape specialists, training the workers of Natural and Landscape Department of the PG Museum abroad;
- Developing the strategy for sustainable development in the Museum area with the enormous number of visitors and traditional agricultural activity in the area;
- Studying and monitoring the conditions of the landscape and its elements, i.e gardens, parks, forests; preserving and supporting animals and plants of the Museum and its reserve areas (25 000 hectares).
Public activities in Pushkinskie Gory Museum
- All-Russia Pushkin Poetry Festival;
- All-Russia Pushkin Theatre Festival;
- Art performance in Pushkinskie Gory;
- Estate holidays in Mikhailovskoye, Trigorsoye, Petrovskoye and Bugrovo Mill Museum.
In-service training for Pushkinskie Gory Museum workers
- Inviting consultants to support museum and archive development, archaeology, restoration, landscape architecture, museum management, legislation issues, etc.;
- Running research conferences, seminars and meetings;
- Pre-service and in-service training for museum staff in Russia and abroad.
- Acquiring different historical objects, artifacts, objects of arts and crafts of the 18th and 19th centuries for the Museum collection;
- Facilitating the practice period for Arts university students; purchasing students' and professors' works;
- Using ICT for the collection conservation; presenting the collection on the Internet;
- Facilitating the access of the research workers and public to the collection ("open collection");
- Restoring the Museum collection;
- Building the Museum own restoration workshop;
- Pre-service and in-service training for restoration workers;
- Building and equipping modern minor storage in Mikhailovskoye, Trigorskoye and Petrovskoye;
- Compiling the archive and library in the Museum;
- Creating special departments of the Museum collection.
- Developing current permanent displays in Mikhailovskoye, Trigorskoye and Petrovskoye Estates;
- Developing displays on "Every day life of Pushkin period peasants"; "Ethnography in Pskov"; "Bugrovo Literary Topography" in Bugrovo Mill Museum;
- Starting a Modern Arts Gallery, a display of "Open Collection", permanent exhibition of Semen Geichenko life, temporary exhibitions in the framework of "Museums and artists of Russia to the children of Pskov area" Programme in PG Centre;
- Starting an exhibition for Sergei Dovlatov, turning it into a permanent display;
- Starting a museum-laboratory on exhibition-making skills in the Writers' Colony in Mikhailovskoye;
- Organising visiting exhibitions from museums and Art galleries of Russia and foreign countries;
- Running auctions for modern arts and antiques.
Developing PG Museum as a Centre for Education and Research
- Running conferences;
- Running master classes of leading academics, musicians, artists and writers for the museum staff, visitors and members of the community;
- Hosting university students for their practice periods;
- Starting pre-service and in-service centers for museum curators and interpreters focusing on Russian provincial life of Pushkin period, the Russian language and literature, Pushkin studies, restoration, ethnography, landscape architecture and gardening, museum management, museum service; these centers will be located in the estates that are under reconstruction (Deriglasovo, Lisaya Gora, Voskresenskoye, Velie; the distance between these site and the main museum is 3 to 27 kilometres)
Types of schools that can be opened in PG:
- Museum school;
- Landscape University (Centre for Landscape Architecture and Gardening);
- Centre for Russian studies (Russian provincial life of Pushkin period, Russian language and literature, culture and ethnography);
- Children's school for folk crafts (based on Bugrovo Mill Museum);
- Opening a Centre for medical and social rehabilitation of the children who suffered in war and emergency situations;
- Opening an interregional education center for groups of students from remote secondary schools to cover the areas of the National Curriculum connected with Pushkin period.
- Publishing Pushkin's work, books on the history of Pushkinskie Gory, calendars, guide books, postcards etc that will promote Pushkin's heritage and the work of the Pushkinskie GoryMuseum aimed at its conservation;
- Non-commercial publications of books of high cultural value. Restoring the tradition of hand-written books as well as the skill of copying and bookbinding;
- The collection of works of "Pushkinskie Gory Friends" Society (annual);
- The collection of research study outcomes "Pushkin Study in Mikhailovskoye";
- Collection of essays "Pskov Land to Pushkin's 200th Anniversary";
- Books on Pushkin, Pushkinskie Gory Museum, local history, family archives of Pushkin's contemporaries;
- Books on Arts and catalogues;
- Promotion, through publications, the activity of Pushkinskie Gory Museum aimed at sustainable development, tourism and culture. Making the information about the Museum more helpful and informative. Promoting the opportunities of Pushkinskie Gory Museum in other parts of Russia.
Accommodation for the Museum staff and visiting specialists
- developing and building "museum villages" for the staff and visiting specialists with all the modern conveniences in Pushkinskie Gory Museum area and in the preserved land on former villages sites. Reconstructing villages on their historical sites and using them as guest houses for visiting specialists, conference participants and volunteers;
- supporting the maintenance of Pushkinskie Gory Museum accommodation resources.
Pushkinskie Gory Museum in the Internet
- Creating a network with other museums, libraries and research centers;
- Creating the internal network for the museum infrastructure; using ICT for museum needs;
- Easy access to the information on the Pushkinskie Gory Museum through the Internet site.
Participating in Museum associations
Working in co-operation with other museums of Russia and foreign countries, developing projects, sharing specialists, training courses. "International Club of Pushkin Museums". Participating in the Club of Museum Curators of St.Petersburg. Creating a Club of Museum Curators of Pskov area.
Starting awards, scholarships, prizes
- for the best solution of one of the problems during the year;
- for charity and philanthropic activity;
- for research studies;
- for entrepreneurial activity in the area;
- for volunteer work.
Supporting retired workers of Pushkinskie Gory Museum
Involving young people into supporting activities, creating the ethos of respect and sympathy. Providing necessary modern life conditions for retired people.